Best Mattress for Side Sleepers Reviews : How to buy
Mattress is a fundamental bed accessory that delivers the best rest and sleeps satisfaction to people. It does not matter how much top quality mattresses you use for sleep, but it may influence your sleep that which styles or positions you sleep. Definitely, if you adopt some beneficial and medically approved sleeping positions, then you will stay fit, healthy, spare of pains and insomnia disorder. Generally, sleeping positions include back pain, shoulder, neck, side and stomach sleeping styles that are useful for various people. Simple, the best mattress for side sleepers will help you avoid back pain and have a deeper sleep. You can gain more benefits and fast asleep if you buy a mattress according to your sleeping style or position. It means everyone is conscious that sleeping positions are more important than the type of bed or mattresses you use for sleeping. But, it is also an approved fact that if side sleepers use some softer, comfortable, compressible and natural material made mattresses, then they will get many health benefits than the use of some therapies or pharmaceuticals. Definitely, if you are a side sleeper, then you can never ignore usefulness and importance of side sleeping mattresses. You can use various directions, buying guide and tactics regarding where, how and which type of mattress for side sleeping should be purchased. For this, you have to know something about quality, types, and advantages of these mattresses that may play a vital role to keep you fit and free of trouble sleeping.
|Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Twin Mattress||Sleep Innovations|
|Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress 12-Inch Queen||DYNASTY MATTRESS|
|Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort Memory Foam 6 Inch Mattress||DreamFoam Mattress|
|Sleep Innovations® Shea 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress||Zinus, Inc|
|DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress 10-inch||Brentwood Home|
|Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 Memory Foam Mattress||Brentwood Home|
|Lucid® 10-Inch Memory Foam Dual-Layered Mattress||Lucid|
Top Best Mattress for Side Sleepers Reviews 2017
In this buying guide, we outline the benefits in detail and provide the best rated mattress for side sleepers.
*Note: All products recommended here on this site, are machine washable and hypoallergenic!
Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Independently Encased Coil Mattress
The Signature Sleep Contour 8-Inch Twin Mattress is a very practical choice for families looking for mattresses for their child’s big kid bed, or a mattress for their guest bedroom. It has independently-encased coils but you will actually not feel these spring coils because it almost has a memory foam feel that contours your body as you sleep. The spring coils are layered in between a polyester foam layer and high quality foam layer, helping provide equal comfort.
The bed also absorbs movement giving the person a more restful sleep. It is eco-friendly, and comes in a very compact duffel bag upon purchase, and this very compact packaging could even fit small cars.
Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress 12-Inch Queen
For a couple of years, I had been looking for a mattress to suit all my different sleeping positions and guarantee me comfort and freshness to start my mornings well. I finally settled when I stumbled upon the Zinus Memory Form Green Tea Mattress 12 Inch Queen, a product of the Zinus Company. The mattress is one of its kind, made with green tea extracts that act as anti-oxides providing freshness all night long! Customers who have bought and reviewed it share in this same opinion and would definitely recommend it to you.
The Memory Form Green Tea Mattress is soft and spongy which is a quite a great feature if you love to cuddle yourself in bed. Never compromise comfort while you are asleep! A comfortable mattress is said to be the cure to stomach, neck, shoulder and back pains. This mattress has a four layer technology that increases its firmness and density and allows great circulation of air in line with the infusion of green tea extracts that freshens the air around you in your sleep.
Sleep Master Ultima® Comfort Memory Foam 6 Inch Mattress
It is a known fact that everyone needs to have a good night’s sleep in order to be completely active for the next day. To tackle the challenges that await you, a good night’s sleep provided by a smooth and comfortable mattress can be very helpful. A bed is not only used for sleeping, but also for whenever you are dog-tired and want to lie down to rest or read a newspaper. If you want to have a little chit-chat with your loved ones, a bed with a cozy mattress is all you need to make your activity a comfortable one. If you’re tired of your regular mattress and in search of a better one, then you have stumbled across the perfect article. Here you will find out why the Sleep Master memory foam 6-inch mattress is an excellent choice.
The 6 inch Memory Foam Mattress brought to you by Sleep Master is a stylish and excellent memory foam mattress that will give you a perfect sleep. It is one of the finest and most affordable mattresses available in the online market. Its sleek design and comforting features are very dear to many users. With an A-grade engineering design, it will let you relax, and allow you to have your desired comfort at a relatively low price.
Sleep Innovations® Shea 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress
Sleep Innovations Shea 10-inch memory foam mattress is a medium feel bed and not the best choice for people who get used to a very soft mattress. It’s firm and supportive as it has a thick foam base to support you and a 3-inch regular foam layer to conform to your body. It helps back pain by providing needed support for every inch of sleepers’ body to reduce the pressure points. Sleep Innovations 10-inch is one of best sellers on Amazon and has hundreds of thousands of satisfied owners. Made in the USA is the determining factor. But it’s not a perfect mattress for all and Shea has some obvious drawbacks. It doesn’t use any gel foam so that it has limited performance on heat reduction. That’s a deal breaker for some hot sleepers. Follow me and show you more details about this mattress.
DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress 10-inch
If you are looking for a mattress all-natural, hypoallergenic, excellent support and comfort at a price that you can afford, you better get this product – DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams Cushion Firm Latex Mattress, Queen. It has just the right combination of structure and softness that you would love especially if you are a stomach or a back-sleeper.
The DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams Cushion Firm Latex Mattress may just be the most practical choice when it comes to buying a mattress that provides you a superior level of comfort through its balanced combination of support and comfort at best price value. It is made of latex rubber, a natural material that most sleep experts would say, could be the best material to sleep on. And because it is made of latex, it is naturally hypo-allergenic, anti-bacterial, and has anti-dust mite properties.
Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 Memory Foam Mattress
If you are on the look-out for a luxuriously comfortable mattress that lends support and does not leave you feeling too cold in the winter, or too warm during summer months, then this is the mattress for you.
The Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 Memory Foam Mattress Queen prides itself with its three-inch gel memory foam that packs a triple punch when it comes to comfort, cooling and support.
This US Manufactured four-layer mattress provides a therapeutic level of comfort that will be appreciated by back, stomach, and even side sleepers. The initial layer composed of a high-density memory foam layer that is made of millions of mini gel foam beads that adapt to the body temperature. Unlike the usual memory foam mattress, the gel memory foam is cooling because these tiny beads work with the foam in cooling your body throughout your sleep.
The succeeding layers are made of a one-inch extra comfort layer that will cradle your pressure points, assuring you of a better night’s sleep, plus no body aches and pains the next morning. Another layer of two-inch of mattress is laid before the support mattress to ensure air circulation as you sleep – technically, and aptly called “Ventilated Cool Air foam Layer.” The last layer meantime, is composed of a seven-inch therapeutic support base that is made of a high-density base foam layer.
Lucid® 10-Inch Memory Foam Dual-Layered Mattress
Having a good night’s rest will help you become more healthy and energetic. It can’t deny that the mattress plays an important role in making your sleep comfortable and restful. It is the mattress, which you sleep on could make all the difference between hours of turning and tossing and you could get comfortable fast in order to fall asleep.
LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam Mattress – 100% CertiPUR-US Certified Foam – 25-Year Warranty – TWIN is known as one of the newest innovations in the world of mattresses and it has been received rave reviews for its ability to help users sleep comfortable and wake up refreshed. Even there are a lot of reviews written about this mattress, I’d advise you to read this comprehensive review. Actually, you will find vital information about this product.
Age of Mattresses Can Cause Physical Distress
A 2009 study showed that the surface you sleep on can lead to high-stress levels. The key factor seemed to be mattress age. It isn’t unusual for people to use a mattress until it is so far gone that it almost has no shape whatsoever. That means it doesn’t have any support left either. New beds proved to lower stress levels based on the number of headaches, racing thoughts while trying to get to sleep, shifting and tossing, as well as overall nervousness and irritability during the following day.
Older mattresses also increase the likelihood of an accumulation of dust mites. As disgusting as it may seem, these little bugs feed off of the dead skin you naturally shed during the night, and you can have pillows and mattresses full of them without ever seeing them. Dust mites do not cause a specific illness, instead, they aggravate allergies and you may be suffering without understanding where the issues are.
Mattress Quality Considerations
In general, people go about selecting mattresses the wrong way. Most people go out and shop for a mattress in a “window shopping” manner, testing the feel of a mattress when they are wide awake. Unfortunately, this does not do a good job in telling that person how a mattress will react to their bodies during the night when they are asleep, and their bodies are fully relaxed in a REM stage sleep.
During REM sleep your body relaxes in a way it cannot when you are awake, even lying down. The skeletal muscles that surround the spine will never relax fully when you are awake, and therefore, may give you a false impression when testing mattresses during the day. So, how do you go about finding the best mattress for your sleep comfort without testing them while shopping?
Mattresses for Different Sleeping Positions
The differences between mattress for side stomach and back sleepers is discussed below. We all prefer a certain sleep position for comfort all night long. Damage can occur to your back, spine, and joints when you sleep on the wrong mattress.
Back Sleeping Positions
Choosing best mattress for back sleepers: Usually lying on the bed through your back is preferably back side sleeping. Back sleepers feel pain and strains on their spine due to this kind of positioning. This lying position creates spinal ache and back problems with muscles strain. Using proper mattresses can solve the problem easily if it is not required to change the current sleeping position. It is recommended too much firm bed is harmful to your spine and it’ll definitely cause internal damage in your body. Also if you use a very soft mattress, it’ll deviate your spine from its position in the body. So it is better to use the medium firm mattress for the supporting features in back sleeping.
Back position sleeping is preferred as the best sleeping style because it:
- Gives relief in back and neck.
- Recover reflexive aches.
- Vanishes wrinkles.
- Hold chest placement with the organs.
But this style has some drawbacks to the health as it consists of two positions that include hyper snoring problems and they are-
- Starfish position- sleeping with arms and legs out on the back.
- Soldier position- sleeping with straight legs but arms on side by the back
Side Sleeping Positions
Why you need the best mattress for side sleepers ?
Inside sleeping, the weight of the body is totally pulled by one side of the body and the hip. So this parts of the body get pressure for side sleepers and other side is relaxed which let the body to an unbalance situation. Thus causing pain to hips which lead to hip pains and that particular side of the body. The solution can be found in using the soft mattress as it’ll maintain the pressure points cushion and contour. Heavy pressures in hips and dis-alignment in spinal fragment will be found infirmed mattresses. The use of soft mattress will also cause cracking pain in the body side.
Advantage of using the right best mattress for side sleepers
- Known as best position for health options.
- Minimize back and neck pain as the pressure gets balanced with the method side sleeping.
- Prevents scoring at a high rate.
The healthiest sleeping modes and their benefits are:
- Foetus – sleeping with the pillow for side sleepers by curling position. This style gives features of less snoring and helps to mend back pains.
- Log- sleeping mode with arms down and straight legs. It is a proper sleeping position totally and gives a fine relaxation in spinal areas as it holds the spine in a balanced state.
- Yearner-sleeping with arms out and straight legs. It is a better position for holding the internal organs in position by ensuring the proper placement of vertebrate disks, muscles, bone ligaments etc.
Stomach Sleeping Positions
Handling best mattress for stomach sleepers !!
It is the unhealthiest process of sleeping but an enjoyable style to everyone. Stomach sleepers are most commonly feel the pain in their frontal spin. Too much sleeping in this position can severely damage or even broke the spin.
But if someone wants to get away with maintaining the position and to enjoy it always, a fine way to solve this problem can be found by choosing an accurate mattress. In this case, the supportive firm mattress is the most appropriate for anyone to sleep.
Because the firm feature will hold the spin in the position of the body without injury to the internal body organs. If anyone uses the soft mattress, the contouring effect will definitely harm the chest and the spinal artery. Again if the medium firm mattress is used, the spine can diffract from its position and it can cause an internal wound in the worst case scenario.
This positioning is regarded as one of the worst ones ever to sleep and it is extremely harmful to health.
- It can temporarily give help to the body by food digestion through the flat lying position.
- It is the worst wanted method as it rotates the neck fully in 90°.
In this position, the sleeping style is the freefall style which is a method of turning head in the face position with arms on the pillow. It is majorly responsible for bad health problems because:
- Causes strain in bone and muscle joints result from the flat sleeping.
- Reduces nerves interconnectivity and efficiency.
- Creates massive pain, a disjunction in nerves and bones.
- Tingling with numbness of body parts are the main symptoms of this sleeping mode.
What to Look for in a Great Support Mattress
Quality is usually not as subjective as some manufacturers would like you to think it is. A good quality mattress will have enough inner material to perform the way it supposed to without wearing down too quickly. It should have strong stitching at the seams, and offer a strong warranty. Make sure you understand the limits of the warranty offered. Most mattresses come with a 10 to 15-year warranty. However, you must keep all of the paperwork including the receipt from the sale for the warranty to be valid. Some are also pro-rated and having a 15-year warranty does not mean you will get a full refund or replacement after 11 years like you would after 11 days. Whether you buy in-store on online when buying your mattress make sure you or someone you trust is available on the day of delivery, so that someone can inspect the mattress for any defects upon arrival.
Types of Mattresses
There are eight major types of mattresses that encompass all of the varieties possible. These types include:
- Innerspring: Coiled springs make up the inner chamber of these mattresses. While higher-quality innerspring mattresses can provide decent sleep support, they are the least forgiving and provide the least amount of weight distribution.
- Hybrid: Hybrid mattresses contain one or more of the various types of mattresses, such as an innerspring mattress with a memory foam padding on top to help improve the weight distribution. Or a Waterbed core with a gel or memory foam top section.
- Waterbed: simple waterbeds are a large, heavy-duty plastic casing that is filled with water. Treatments may be required to keep the water clean for prolonged use. There are several varieties of waterbeds that can change the overall makeup of a simple water case. There are hard-sided waterbeds that provide a more rectangular feel and do not require the heavy wood framework that traditional waterbeds must have to keep them in place.There are cylinder waterbeds comprised of a number of individual tubes filled with water placed inside of a mattress frame. These are the most visually similar to a standard mattress, and still give users the familiar waterbed feel. Waterbeds provide excellent adaptability to body shape, but do not offer as much firm support. They are a good mattress for back sleepers, may be acceptable for side sleepers, but are generally not as good for stomach sleepers. One excellent quality that waterbeds provide is the ability to adjust the level of water to the exact level of firmness desired.
- Memory Foam: Visco, or memory foam, is one of the most popular support type mattresses. They are generally good for any sleep position and offer the best weight distribution, joint relief, and pain-free sleeping surfaces.
- Pillow Top: Pillow top mattresses can be any type of mattress, but with the added plush, fill stuffing on top that adds an extra layer of comfort. While pillow tops are undeniably comfortable, and their fluffy softness may make you feel great initially, great care should be taken in choosing this addition. Pillow tops may create a surface that is too soft to provide support for back sleepers.
They are also usually too soft for stomach sleeping. Pillow tops on a memory foam or other mattress type are good choices for side sleepers.
- Gel: A gel mattress may sound like it is a version of a waterbed except with a thicker substance inside the chamber. However, the gel is really more of a very small, flexible foam particle that has a gel coating. The coating gives the foam fibers a slightly more giving feel than standard foam and also allows heat to dissipate better for a cooler sleeping surface.
- Air Bed: Air beds resemble waterbeds in the way they are constructed. They consist of a rubber outer shell that is filled with air instead of water. Like a waterbed, the air bed can be filled to various levels to provide a precise level of firmness.
- Latex: Latex pads are a form of foam mattress, but they are less resilient than memory foam. They push back harder and are a firmer surface. For people who are looking to sink into a foam bed, the latex may feel too unforgiving, yet they offer excellent support for back and stomach sleepers. They may also be the best mattress for stomach sleepers and back sleepers because they do not accumulate heat the way other foam mattresses often do.
I hope that you have found enough information to get started on your search for the best mattress for the money you have available. Your mattress matters. You spend at least eight hours a day on it. That’s more than almost any other single piece of furniture in your life, and it is responsible for giving you a healthy, comfortable place to relax and prepare for the day ahead. Make sure you are getting the best mattress for side sleepers reviews or the position you prefer the best, and live better, healthier and more productively.