Mattresses are one of the indispensable accessories on our bunk bed. In addition to functioning as an accessory to help us have a better sleep, they also work to help us prevent a number of diseases such as neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain. One of the most favored forms of mattresses currently is memory foam mattresses which they are produced from natural materials, a variety of models and especially appropriate for all our sleeping positions. Join us to learn about the best memory foam mattress on 2017.
Top Best Memory Foam Mattress Reviews 2017
Finding a memory foam mattress is a very difficult, when on the market today there are many different brands and models. Do not worry, we are here to help you. Read the reviews and instructions below, you will find the best memory foam mattress on the market voted by consumers.
#1 Lucid 12 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
The specially built LUCID 12inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress comprises of a Bamboo Cover, 2inch Memory Foam Comfort Layer, a 2inch Support foam and a 8 inch High-Density Foam Base. The four layered masterpiece gives you the all these key facts to look out for. The Memory Foam is built using the Open Cell Construction process, considered to be an exclusive manufacturing method which makes the foam softer and smoother. This, in turn, gives you the best comfort your body needs. This unique process helps to optimize the flow of air and gives you calm and relaxed sleep nights.
The purpose of the dual layer memory foam is to give you guaranteed comfort. The first layer shapes according to the curves of your body throughout the night, while the second layer provides you the best landing area.
The fascinating features and description of the LUCID 12inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress is as follows:
- Its 12inch thick mattress with dual memory foam layers gives you the best care and luxury.
- The Open-Cell Construction process maintains the cool temperature of the mattress while simultaneously ensuring foam durability, and avoiding long long-term body imprints.
- Perfectly aligns your spine and helps to get rid of the pain. It also provided significant support to your upper body.
- It is a CertiPUR-US® specialized product.
The things which I like about 12 inch memory foam mattress are:
- Comfortable sleep, support at all times
- Great combination between firmness and softness
- Breathable, optimal temperature
- Safe, versatile
- Durable, 25-year warranty
The things which I do not like about this gel memory foam mattress are:
- It takes time to expand to its full thickness – You may have to wait for several days.
- It produces slight chemical smell – This smell is not particularly bothersome and will go away at one point depending on how well ventilated your bedroom is.
The LUCID 12 inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress continues to give its customers the best satisfaction on a daily basis. The product is filled with positive customer feedbacks. Because it has an attractive and a reasonable price, it has fascinated customers from all around the world. Maximum numbers of its consumers have admired this 12 inch Plush Memory Foam Mattress to be the best choice. It is being delivered to the customers with the exact specifications as promised. It provides the best level of luxury and convenience everyone needs. Even considering the price of the mattress, a great number of customers say that the product has provided them much more than their expectations.
#2 Signature Sleep 12 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
The Signature Sleep 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress is engineered from memory foam which encompasses your body to effectively minimize pressure on your joints and gives you maximum balanced support. Within minutes of your laying on the mattress it will create a personalized form around your body. It has a tendency to relieve pressure on shoulders, hips and feet giving support to the body weight evenly. It eliminates any motion disturbance so that you can sleep without being disturbed by anyone else getting in and out of the bed, especially if your kids tend to join you in bed at night and can’t sleep without a lot of movement. The mattress has a dense foam core ensuring comfort and durability over years and years of use resulting in unique and unparalleled sleeping experience. For cost efficiency and your convenience it is shipped compressed in a vacuum seal.
- Soft fabric cover: The soft and foam material using in the mattress makes it comfortable and gives adequate support for the bed. The knit fabric cover keeps the mattress warm and snuggly providing you the comforting temperature.
- Chemical free foam: The bedding manufacturers without TDCPP, PBDEs, or TCEP (“Tris”) and is fire resistant, no emission of ozone depletion substances, lead, mercury, and other hazardous metals.
- Comfortable memory foam: One 3.5″ layer of Memory Foam on top took after by an 8.5″ layer of high thickness foam, the Memory Foam molds to the body’s normal shape.
- Safe for indoor air quality: Froth is low in VOC outflows for indoor air quality (under 0.5 PPM). The mattress comes with phthalates standard, recommended as per Consumer Safety Product Commission norms.
- Certified foam: The Signature Sleep Memoir 12″ bedding comes with CertiPUR-US® confirmed foam.
Pros of Signature Sleep 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- It comes with a soft knit fabric cover which is machine washable.
- It is rated high in comfort and safety and meets the Federal Flammability standard 16 CFR 1633.
- It has double layer foam i.e. the top layer is 4 Inch High performance Visco Elastic Memory foam which cradles your body perfectly and provides balanced support, ILD 9 density will ensure that that the mattress is medium firm and stays firm for years and the second layer is 8 Inches of High density Poly-base foam which provides durability, adequate cushioning and optimal support for years and years of peaceful sleep.
- The mattress is delivered in a nice bag with handle as about 5 feet long cylinder and weighs about 45 pounds so even a single individual can easily carry and assemble it.
- It gives you all the benefits of tempurapedic mattress at an affordable price.
- It supports a wide array of weight so you do not have to worry if you are on the petite side or on the heavier side the level of comfort will remain the same. Also it won’t sag under more weight over a long period of time.
- This mattress gives you a medium to firm support which is the best for avoiding joint pains and back aches due to awkward posture while sleeping.
- Even if you stay in a hot and humid state you can rest assured that you will not sleep hot and the mattress will retain its firmness.
- It comes with a limited warranty of 1 year and is infused with minimum chemicals to ensure non-toxicness.
Cons of Signature Sleep 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
- It takes about 48 hours after opening the vacuum seal to completely rise and take its original shape. It is a natural tendency to want to use the product as soon as you get it but you must give the mattress time to develop because if you lay on it immediately there could be a dent which may not completely heal over time.
- You can smell a slight odor for first few hours after opening the mattress for the first time but the smell will dissimilate as the mattress airs.
- Open the mattress where you want to place it because once opened it is difficult to move it due to its rigid structure.
#3 Amerisleep Revere 12 Natural Memory Foam Mattress
Some readers have asked us to just boil down this entire article into the highlights and say what we recommend This mattress is it. Read on for details, or, if you want the tl;dr, you can just check out the Revere Bed by Amerisleep.
The Amerisleep Revere Bed has the best mattress reviews on the brand’s website earning 4.7 out 5 stars from over 500 reviews from verified customers, and rating high on third party review sites as well. It is one of the more popular plant-based memory foam models from Amerisleep, in the mid-range of its collection.
Why Amerisleep stands above the rest
Amerisleep mattresses use a more eco-friendly plant-based memory foam that is derived from soybean oils. The foam is formed using and environmentally-friendly Variable Pressure Foaming (VPF) process that emits no contaminants and results in a foam that will emit fewer volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Reviewers tend to have little to no issue with heat, significantly less than average for this category and even compared to spring beds.
All Amerisleep beds come with Celliant-infused covers. Celliant is a thermoreactive material that has been clinically proven to increase blood flow by converting body heat into infrared light. Reviews tend to mention comfort and pain relief, as well as good support and good durability. The company has been around for awhile, so their materials are time-tested.
In summary, compared to other mid-priced beds, the Revere uses higher density memory foam than average, and also receives fewer than average complaints on odor and heat. Durability does not appear to be an issue, and the majority of people find the beds as described and that comfort meets or exceeds expectations.
#4 BedInABox Serenity Gel Memory Foam Bed Mattress
Also in the mid-to-upper-range category, the BedInABox Serenity Gel earns good reviews, with an average of 4.3 stars out of 5 from over 40 reviews. This model has two inches of CoolRest fabric for a cover to distinguish it from the brand’s other models (the core and memory foam layers remain similar for most models).
The Serenity Gel uses a lower density memory foam than many others in the price category, but does feature a high-resilience core which is above average. The mattress has average heat complaints despite the cooling gels, though durability does not appear to be a significant issue.
A significant number of people report substantial odor and offgassing with this mattress, much higher than average especially for lower-density foams. Customers who end up unhappy with their beds seem to dislike the retailer’s policy requiring them to keep the mattress at least 60 days prior to returning.
What Is The Best Memory Foam Mattress?
Most people looking to buy have probably asked themselves this question before. In its simplest and common form, most best rated memory foam mattress for sale are generally manufactured using viscoelastic foam and consists of a three-layered design.
The topmost “Comfort Layer” is made of special materials which mold to the body shape when it comes into contact with body heat. By molding to the body shape, the downward pressure and stress on joints created by gravity are eliminated. When the foam cools down, or if parts of the body are not in contact, the surface will turn to its original horizontal form.
The second platform is usually referred to as the “Support Layer.” It’s designed to be more rigid so the overall shape of the mattress is retained, and offers support to the softer and thinner comfort layer.
Then you have the “Base Layer” which is the bottom platform of the design. The base supports the top two and is usually the thickest and most rigid of the three. Each layer mentioned can have sub-layers depending on manufacturer, design, and innovation, but generally, that’s how it is made up.
The Use Of Memory Foam for Medical Benefit
This innovative product was first used in medical settings and used by patients that have to be bedridden for longer periods of time. As a medical device, they were originally very expensive. However, patients have extolled the health benefits of using this innovative product. Manufacturers have tried to create memory foam at a price that will be more affordable for the public; then the products began to hit the market in the late 1990’s.
Once considered as an alternative sleeping device for people with back injuries and for people suffering from a chronic body and joint pains, memory foam become a hit with people aware of the need to have good quality sleep. Sleep is important for the maintenance of good health. However, not everyone is lucky to have restful, restorative sleep. People with busy schedules tend to give less importance to sleep. Stress would prevent people from getting a good night’s rest. Courting sleep would be impossible for people with too many concerns in their minds. This problem will be compounded if the bed is not conducive to sleeping. The benefits memory foam can have on the sleeping pattern causes people to form a beeline to get one.
Many different brands are available in the market these days. But before you type in your credit card number, you have to know what must be done to choose the right memory foam mattress. They are not cheap, and they are not created equal. To get maximum benefits, you need to choose best cheap memory foam mattress that will suit your specific needs, so take your time and read through all the information on our website.
Why Choose a Best Memory Foam Mattress?
Memory foam is a heat sensitive material that allows it to mold to a person’s body when they lie down. It is pressure absorbing which makes it comfortable and supportive, leading to many health benefits. It was these qualities that led to memory foam being widely used in the medical industry. In particular, it was commonly used for hospital patients who were immobile to reduce the frequency of pressure sores and gangrene from reduced blood flow. These mattresses also feature “motion separation” meaning that there is hardly any transfer of motion from one side of the mattress to the other, and as a result, you are less likely to be woken if your partner sleeps restlessly. They are typically purchased by consumers who want to increase support and comfortability while they sleep, as we discussed in our back pain article, these mattresses help relieve pain in pressure points throughout the body.
Who Should Purchase a Memory Foam Mattress?
A keyword that you’ll discover while learning about memory foam mattresses is “supportive.” By helping people to maintain good posture while sleeping and distributing weight evenly (in addition to allowing for deeper sleep), it’s possible for these mattresses to prevent and treat certain conditions that plague people. They may be especially useful if you suffer from migraines and headaches, jaw ache, teeth grinding, nerve pain, chronic back and neck pain, pins and needles (poor circulation), snoring and sleep apnea – to mention a few.
These mattresses provide more comfort and pain relief than any other type of mattress currently on the market. They have an improved lifespan and above average motion isolation and pressure-point relief, which is why best memory foam mattress are rated that best type of mattress to purchase.
- Mattress Thickness: it’s important to understand the different thicknesses available for these types of mattress.
- Mattress Size Chart: if you are unsure what size of a mattress you need, you can read more about them here.
- Mattresses for Side Sleepers: if you are a side sleeper, and you are looking for a new mattress, check this out.
Best Memory Foam Mattress – How To Choose ?
There are a huge variety of mattresses on the market, and as a result, there are many factors to consider when making a choice which one to buy:
The thickness of even the best memory foam mattress for side sleepers varies from less than eight to more than 13 inches. While almost any thickness of mattress will provide relief at your pressure points, you should consider the depth of your current mattress and how the change will affect you. A thinner mattress tends to be less expensive, with the tradeoff of providing less support and not working with platform beds. In comparison, the more-expensive best foam mattresses will provide a much more supportive sleeping experience.
All mattresses have a firmness rating which (similar to density rating) will help you to make a smart choice. It’s measured in a unit called indentation force deflection (IFD) which ranges from 8 to 16. The majority of mattresses fall between 12 and 16. The higher the number, the firmer the mattress. If you aren’t sure, here is a guide based on your most common sleeping position to help you decide.
- Back – medium to firm (12 to 16 IFD)
- Side – soft to medium (8 to 12 IFD)
- Front – soft to medium (8 to 12 IFD)
- Multiple positions – medium (10 to 14 IFD)
The purpose of any memory or best memory foam gel mattress is to provide support for all areas of your body and to relieve pressure points. Removing that tension ensures that you’ll wake up less often with the need to adjust positions and thus will wake up more rested. These mattresses come in varying levels of firmness that range from very firm to the best side sleeper pillow top. Each firmness grade will provide a different level of support for your body and can dramatically impact the way you sleep.
The construction of a best mattress memory foam consists of combining levels of memory foam on top of a traditional mattress. Each layer of memory foam used is designed differently to create levels of support and dispersion of weight for increased levels of comfort. The design of these mattresses removes your ability to flip the mattress to create even levels of use, although the design of memory foam counterbalances the need to rotate a mattress over time.
One of the largest complaints about memory foam is that it retains heat and can lead to uncomfortably hot sleeping temperatures. To combat this, certain manufacturers have either started using open cell structure in the polyurethane to increase breathability and have infused gel beads into the material to create gel memory foam mattresses for cooler sleeping (these contain capsules that change from a solid or a liquid which significantly alters temperature).
The majority of quality products on the market have a warranty of at least five years (some offer 20+ years) which means that the manufacturer will stand by their product. Always check that the mattress you choose comes with a warranty, and research company reviews to make sure no complaints are held against them.
How long will the “new mattress” odor be present?
When unwrapping your mattress, there will be an odor present which is a result of the chemicals that have been applied to the polyurethane. It may be an idea to air the mattress outside for a day or two, although the odor only lasts for a short time.
Will I be too hot when I sleep due to the heat retention?
New advanced manufacturing processes have allowed for gel particles to be used in the composition of memory foam. If you are concerned about the mattress being too hot, look for memory foam that has been infused with gel beads.
What’s the ideal thickness?
The ideal thickness of the memory foam layer used in your mattress should be around 4 or 5 inches in depth. However, this will depend on preference as some people believe that too thick a density will allow people to sink into the mattress, negating the supportive qualities of the mattress.
What’s the ideal size?
If you are not sure what size mattress to purchase, then check out our excellent mattress size chart and guide here.
How long will my mattress last?
Memory foam is incredibly durable and will likely last many years after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired. However, it’s important to look at recommendations and read best memory foam mattress review before purchasing.
I often wake up with back pain. Will a memory foam mattress help?
There are no guarantees that memory foam will help provide relief from back pain and other ailments. However, many people have found it to be a solution, or at least contribute to pain reduction. This is especially true if your pain is the result of poor spine alignment, nerve inflammation or stress on pressure points.
Are they easy to clean?
These mattresses are much easier to clean than conventional mattresses (which often go years without a good clean). Simply vacuum the mattress and wipe down with a detergent and wipe off. If the mattress is wet, it’s still a good idea to let it air dry before using it again.
You can read our two guides on cleaning mattresses right here:
Buying a new bed is a long-term investment that is well worth the expense. Getting a good night’s rest will increase your energy, productivity, and health during the day, enabling you to live each day to the fullest. By performing thorough research and reading the best memory foam mattress review, you can make an informed decision when you’re ready to buy.