Looking Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers ?
Sleeping on the stomach is one of the most popular choices for men and women alike. As comfortable as sleeping on the stomach can be, it presents a few hazards that you should be aware of in order to prevent several annoying health issues and chronic pain that can last all day long.
Lying on the stomach can cause lower back pain, pinched nerves in the shoulders and neck, and daily pain that radiates all the way down to the buttocks and legs. Some of the health issues that beset stomach sleepers include heartburn and indigestion. It surprises some people to know that almost all of the problems caused by stomach sleeping can be alleviated by choosing the right pillow for the stomach sleeper. Proper support can help prevent back pain, muscle cramps and nerve damage, and take the pressure off of the digestive system as you sleep.
Even with this reality, picking the right pillow has not always been easy for many people because of the fast rising number of brands and designs on the market. Well, this need not be the case anymore. This review is comprehensive by examining all the crucial attributes and assessing both clients and experts feedbacks so that you can easily pick the best. Additionally, we also provide a buying guide you can use to tell whether a pillow is the right one or not.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
- How to choose the best pillows for stomach sleepers
- Who needs to sleep on their stomachs?
- Who could benefit from these products?
Top 10 Best Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
We reviewed, tested, and analyzed pillows and brought you top 10 best pillows for stomach sleepers for your consideration. Our review team guarantees you that these pillows will make you comfortable and assist you fall asleep fast and enjoy it the entire night. With them, you will wake up more refreshed, energized, and free from pain and fatigue. We also list for you all the advantage and disadvantages of each pillow so that you can make the best choice, enjoy every night, and live a more productive lifestyle.
Extra soft down Pillow
DOWNLITE, when designing this pillow focused on bringing extra support, thinness, and springy characteristics that every stomach sleeper desires. The cover is made from cotton so that it is both strong and soft to the skin. Unlike with best side sleeper pillow, the most important thing with stomach sleepers’ pillows is functionality to raise the tummy and ensure the body takes the right posture. DOWNLITE perfected these to make this pillow among the top in out review.
Desirable features of this pillow
- The pillow is extra to fit well and help you take the right posture while anchoring the neck and shoulders.
- It is manufactured from hypoallergenic materials which are critical for people with extra sensitivity and to enhance comfort.
- It is designed from cotton which makes it easy to care for. It is machine washable and easy to dry.
Though being thin is a great attribute, people with a larger distance between the tummy and forehead might need to look for a thicker one or use several of these.
Manufacturer: DOWNLITE| Our Rating: 4.5/5
Best Bamboo Bed Pillows
Tired of picking pillows but back-pain, neck-ache and spine issues still recur; o not give up before picking and using this pillow. The pillow is carefully designed with top bamboo cover which makes it extra soft and soothing to the skin. Besides, the covers are removable to make it easy to clean the pillows for their luxurious outlook.
Desirable features of this pillow
- It has been made using the best quality materials that include the shredded memory foam density and bamboo for spring support and the comfort that you need to sleep through the night.
- It comes with a removable cover that has a zipper for easy cleaning.
- It is machine washable to make your work easier.
- It is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant which ensures that you have the best possible sleep without skin irritation.
- It is sold with a long trial session of 30 days that include money back guarantee if unsatisfied.
One major issue with this pillow is that first-time users might find it a bit too hard but this is to make breathing easier as one sleeps.
Manufacturer: Original Bamboo| Our Rating: 4/5
Slim Sleeper Memory Foam: Best Flat Pillow
A good pillow should be firm and slim enough so avoid lifting the head and spine too high. If a pillow is extra thick, the back may bend to form an arc and cause regular pain. The slim sleeper memory foam pillow was considered the perfect pillow size that every side sleeper will find irresistible. Its materials are hypoallergenic and do not contain fire retardants.
Great attributes for the pillow
- The cover of the pillow that helps to keep the pillow cool and avoid sweating for a more comfortable night.
- It is machine washable which makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- Free of allergens and other skin irritating chemicals to guarantee the user of a lovely night every day.
- It is designed with strong anti-microbial foam so that your skin will be protected for the entire lifespan of the pillow.
However, the pillow is pricey compared to others we reviewed in this section. However, this consideration is overridden by the positive attributes that made the review team include the piece among the top ten best pillows.
Manufacturer: Delta Comfort Labs| Our Rating: 4/5
The Pancake Pillow
This is one of the best picks stomach sleepers because of its softness, appealing design, extra firmness, and luxury. As opposed to others, it has six sections that are filled with microfibers to give you extra comfort and firm support. Besides, also helps to reduce snoring by ensuring that the head is lifted to the proper degree. This is not only advantageous to the user but also to all those that might be within an earshot distance of them.
It is filled with soft and supportive microfibers that ensure the pillow molds properly into your contours for better and more comfortable sleep.
- The cover is strong and soft to protect the pillow from dirt and stains but is also easy to maintain.
- Has a great design that lets stomach sleepers enjoy luxurious outlook and great support
- Improves sleep quality and reduces snoring.
Despite these great attributes, the pillow has one key disadvantage; it is not a memory foam model. However, the microfibers guarantee the user of extra support and can also be used by any family member.
Manufacturer:Gravity Sleep| Our Rating: 4.5/5
Shredded Memory Foam Pillow with stay cool Bamboo Cover
Among the pillows we reviewed, this piece came out to be among the best. It has several layers that make it extra firm, springy and supportive. The inner part is block-memory foam while the core chamber is filled with shredded foam. This is crucial in helping the pillow mold to the shape of your tummy to give you the natural posture you anticipate.
Desirable features of this piece
- Bamboo cover and interior microfibers are extra soft to the skin or a lovely night
- It is mite, dust, and allergens resistant so that you can enjoy every night without irritations
- It is sold in both queen and king sizes so that clients can pick depending on their family needs.
- The shredded memory foam and cover make the pillow have extra breathability for skin nourishment.
Like other memory foam beddings, this pillow has the disadvantage of being lumpy which might require you to carry extra fluffing. However, it allows you to thin it out based on personal needs.
Manufacturer:Good Life Essentials| Our Rating: 4/5
Ultra Slim Sleeper Memory Foam Pillow
While the most desirable attribute of a stomach sleeper pillow is slimness, this Ultra Slim Sleeper Memory Foam Pillow is the piece to beat. The pillow has a unique cover and filled carefully with memory foam support a broader area around the stomach. Besides, also features a one of a kind cool action dual effects technology that offers superior comfort comparable to others.
Desirable features of this piece
- Infused with the support and cooling of gel that reduces sweating at night.
- Its ventilated design allows for easier breathing and reduced pressure to reduce tossing and turning while you sleep.
- Its design is unique and luxurious to make your bed and bedroom look more appealing.
While this pillow is no doubt irresistible, it extra thin shape might make it less desirable for people with desire for bigger pillows desires. To know the right pillow design for you, ensure you measure the distance between the stomach and head.
Manufacturer:Delta Comfort Labs | Our Rating: 4.5/5
Memory Foam Pillow
While this pillow might look like an ordinary pillow, at first, its benefits and features set it apart from any ordinary pillow. It is a great a purchase that cuts across through for most of the sleepers but particularly, it is a great bargain for the stomach sleepers. It is made from a top rated memory foam that is not only able to support and provide comfort but also able to last for up to 8 years. It is pretty adjustable which makes it an ideal buy for those that are looking for something that can support their mixed sleeping methods.
- It is made from hypoallergenic, antibacterial and dust mite resistant materials for better and healthier sleep.
- Can be adjusted to serve other kinds of sleepers as well.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- It is ideal for stomach sleepers because of its breathable design.
While it is no doubt the ultimate pillow that every person would wish to have in the bedroom, it comes at a very high cost. It was one of the costliest of the pillows we reviewed.
Manufacturer:Resort Sleep| Our Rating: 4.5/5
Slim sleepers-Natural Latex Foam Pillow
This Pillow has often been described as the ultimate piece for people who want extra luxury when sleeping at home or outdoors. For stomach sleeper, the pillow does not have an equal because of its thin and springy characters. The latex foam makes the pillow to mold easily and adjust easily if you turn or change the sleeping position.
- It is made from the highest quality materials to assure clients of high value for money.
- The design is unique and stylish to give you extra satisfaction on top of comfort and support.
- It is perfectly ventilated to allow air pass through or faster cooling during all night long.
- All the materials, outer cotton, and latex are hypoallergenic and mildew resistant to prevent irritation
- It is not ideal if you are working with a tight budget.
While the pillow is ideal in most aspect, it is relatively pricey, and people who do not love the smell of leather might not prefer it.
Manufacturer:DC Labs | Our Rating: 4/5
Serta IComfort Scrunch Pillow, King
This top rated pillow has become sensational because o its unique characteristics. Even for people who would like to take it to camps and outdoors, it is not voluptuous and can b moved with ease. It is made from 90% polyester and 10% rayon to give it a blend of comfort and utter durability to allow it serve you for long periods of time. The foam used in the design is embedded with beads that enhance its breathability to cool temperature at night.
- It is slim enough for ideal support to a stomach sleeper.
- It’s small and thin size makes it a perfect piece to carry and enjoy sleeping outdoors
- It is extra soft and beads allow air to circulate easily to cool temperatures when you sleep
While this pillow is no doubt among the best in the market, we found it to be pricey. However, its unique characteristics overshadowed this con, and it is one of the best pieces to invest in.
Manufacturer: Serta | Our Rating: 4.5/5
How to choose the best pillows for stomach sleepers
Types of pillows for stomach sleepers: There are a lot of pillows to choose from to ease the pressure off your stomach and avoid risks. Types of pillows differ from the material used to manufacture pillows to the level of comfort and finally down to the price.
Foam pillow: Foam pillows are the most common pillows available in the market for people who sleep on their stomachs. It is soft, easy to maintain and is cheap too. Foam also easily molds to your body and depending on the density, will be able to support important parts of the body like the neck, head, spine and pressure points found on the upper and lower extremities. However, as the foam is easy to use and versatile, it could easily lose its shape when used over time. Therefore if you are looking for long term comfort, a foam pillow may do well but not for long.
Memory foam: Memory foam is the amazing foam that could mold around the body part and then remember its shape afterward. And since it is able to do so, it secures the body part like the neck, shoulders, back and the sides carefully especially for stomach sleepers. This great reason is also one of the reasons why it is also used in mattresses, support pillows for pregnant women and so much more. Memory foam is an amazing discovery; however, the only downfall is that it costs too much to purchase
Latex pillows: Latex pillows are firm and could easily support different body parts. Comparing different kinds of pillows to latex, it is a pillow that can resist mold growth and dust mites. The foam itself is very easy to contour making it ideal to use in any kind of support.
But as latex pillows are very efficient in supporting the body especially the back and head, there are a few disadvantages. Sometimes the pillow is too stiff to use and of course this pillow is also very expensive compared to ordinary foam pillows
Wool and cotton pillows: Are traditional types of pillows that are easy to use and are very easy to purchase too. However wool and cotton becomes packed or firm when used after a period of time making it inefficient to provide comfort and protection over a particular body part. Your pillow gets firmer and firmer and becomes more uncomfortable as time goes by.
Feathers: A pillow made of downy feathers is also a traditional way to support the body as it sleeps. The best parts of using downy feathers as a pillow is that you can easily move the stuffing around when you need to and you can be rest assured that aches and pains will be reduced since downy feather pillows are soft and firm and is able to provide the best support when you need it.
Learning all these will possibly entice you to try sleeping on your stomach tonight or maybe for a short nap after you have read this article but before you do, do you have the right pillow at hand? Consider the following strategies:
- Decide which pillow is the best for you. Consider the level of comfort, the ease of use and the durability of the material. Therefore considering all the following elements, the memory foam mattress may be the best choice for you.
- Do not worry about choosing other types of pillows; remember that it is a personal choice but of course you could still improve your experience by selecting the ideal pillow.
- Check out the various brands for the type of pillow you chose. There are a lot of different brands to choose from and if you have a budget in mind, you may compare brands to get the best value out of your money.
- Once you have managed to find a brand to purchase, try to look for this brand in an actual store. If possible, try to feel each brand. Fluff the pillow to arrange the fibers and material; hug it, lie down on it and try to place it on your stomach. Decide which brand provides you with the most comfortable feel as you lie down on your stomach.
- Reviews from on-line sources about the best pillow for stomach sleepers may also help. Read as many reviews about the brand and the type of pillow you have chosen and then compare them with other brands as well. Read comparison sites too.
- Making a decision could be tough and even after a very long process you may still end up with a pillow that is not to your liking. As they say, trial and error improves your choices so if you found out that you are not comfortable with your choice then by all means go for the next best one.
- Is your tight budget an issue? By comparing products and ordering them directly, you can save a lot of money. So be sure to compare products beforehand and to order only from manufacturers if possible.
- Shopping on-line could be tricky especially when you are looking for a stomach sleeper pillow. It is a great idea to watch videos and read articles first so you can find the most suitable pillow to match your needs.
- If you are shopping for pregnancy pillows then it is a must to get the safest and the most comfortable pillow at all cost. As always, reviews will help you find the right product easily.
- And shopping for a good pillow for a young child should always have safety as the most important feature. Pick one that may be easily washed and one that has removable color so you can wash it immediately after being soiled.
Who needs to sleep on their stomachs?
Sleeping on your stomach is relaxing and comfortable and if the right pillow is used, he will be able to enjoy the benefits of this comfortable sleeping position.
- Young children may find sleeping on their tummies more comfortable and soothing. Growing children need adequate sleep each day to be able to develop intellectually and physically. Sleeping on their stomachs could also reduce gastrointestinal disorders like gas, cramping, abdominal pains and so on.
- Adults could benefit from sleeping on their stomachs since it is very soothing and relaxing. Just like yoga, sleeping with your stomach straightens the spine and helps ease pains that may result from the shoulders, hips and the extremities. And not only young children need adequate sleep. Adults also need ample time to sleep and to relax to help reduce aches and pains and to improve digestion.
- Pregnant women are also advised to take enough sleep to help ease on various complaints such as back pains, digestive problems, and pains over the extremities. Lying on the stomach when she is just on her first and second trimesters could be easy but once the mother is in her third-trimester things become a little bit hard. Therefore instead of advising women to lie on their stomachs during their term she is told to simply lie down on her right side to ease contractions and to reduce pains as well.
- Women suffering from the effect of menopause may find lying on the stomachs better compared to simply sleeping in traditional positions. It eases symptoms such as anxiety, gastrointestinal symptoms and pains.
Who could benefit from these products?
People who naturally love to sleep on their stomachs will benefit from these products. And of course people who are trying out this sleeping position for the first time will do so as well. Young and old alike will be able to benefit so much from these pillows and of course consumers will get the best value for their money and ease on spending on unnecessary items that will never give them a good night’s sleep.
A good night’s sleep is a great way to start any day. It helps the body recuperate and improve digestion. And what better way to improve your sleep than to sleep in the most comfortable sleeping position with the aid of the best sleeping companions: stomach sleeper pillows.
And therefore even if you are young, a young adult or a young at heart, there is no excuse for using the best pillow for sleeping on your stomach. There are a lot of types to choose from; choose the type of pillow that will address your needs. And when you are done, it’s time to sleep on your stomach along with the most comfortable pillow you have personally chosen for yourself. Good night!