The Casper vs. Leesa vs. Purple vs. GhostBed Mattress Review today will give you the comparison of 4 mattresses including Casper, Leesa, Purple and Ghostbed. Each is a quality mattress and designed to achieve the exceptional comfort and support. Which one will suit your needs for the best mattress?
Casper is built from a 9.5″ thick foam mattress and it is built from 4 layers of foam.
- The top layer is made of 1.5″ of responsive poly foam. This layer provides bounce and quick responsiveness.
- The 2nd layer is constructed from 1.5″ of memory foam. This layer is combined with top layer to provide contour to body curve and pressure relief.
- The 3rd layer is built from 1.5″ of poly foam. This poly foam acts as transitional layer.
- The bottom layer is 5″ of support foam. This layer gives a strong support for the above layers.
About more Casper:
Leesa is made of 3 layers of foam, for total 10″ thick foam mattress.
- The top layer is 2″ of Avena foam. This foam acts similarly to latex, meaning it has great bounce, quick responsiveness and cooling, but it is more durable.
- The middle layer is 2″ of memory foam. This memory foam provides great pressure relief and body contouring.
- The bottom layer is 6″ of support foam. This layer acts as the foundational base, which supports the top layers.
Leesa has a unique design and great construction, which gives itself a balanced feel. Along with that, it is more breathable than memory foam mattresses.
About more Leesa:
Purple is a 9.5″ thick foam mattress, what makes Purple special is it is designed with a hyper-elastic polymer and poly foam as a part of its 3 layer construction.
- The top layer is a 2″ hyper-elastic polymer. This material is very good at providing great bounce and pressure relief.
- The middle layer is 3.5″ of poly foam which acts transitional foam between the polymer and the base support.
- The bottom layer is 4″ of support foam. This layer provides support for the 2 layers above and acts as a foundational base.
Due to this unique design and materials, Purple mattress has cooling feel, good bounce and instant responsiveness.
About more Purple:
Ghostbed is constructed from 3 layers of foam, for total 11″ thick foam mattress.
- The top layer is 1.5″ of aerated latex foam. Latex is well-known for excellent bounce and responsiveness. In addition, because it is aerated, it allows air flow easily thorough the mattress.
- The 2nd layer is 2″ of gel memory foam. Along with providing deep compression, hug, and contour. The foam can provide exceptional cooling feel for sleepers, because it is infused with gel.
- The bottom layer is 7.5″ of support foam. This bottom layer acts as a strong foundation, which is possible to support the above layers.
Overall, Ghostbed mattress is an excellent design. It solves all the issues of mattresses including comfort, support and cooling feel.
About more Ghostbed:
The Casper has a medium to slightly firm feel. If 10 is the firmest level on the firmness scale, this mattress sits at 6-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. When lying on this mattress, the instant feel you have is the great softness of the top layer. Along with that, the mattress lets you sunk a bit into the mattress, and you will feel more hug.
Leesa mattress is designed to produce medium feel. It gets 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. The combination of Avena foam with memory foam helps this mattress achieve balanced feel. Along with that, the mattress is fairly cool to sleep on, though it doesn’t come with gel.
Tips & Guide:
- How to choose the best mattress for the money
- Bed size dimensions
- Mattress buying guide
- How often should you change your mattress
- King vs. California King Mattress
- Latex vs. Memory Foam
- Sleepopolis mattress review
The Purple mattress has a medium to medium firm feel. If 10 is the firmest level, this mattress gets 6-6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale. As compared to other mattresses, Purple mattress has a unique feel. The hyper-elastic polymer produces a pronounced bounce with a virtually instantaneous response time. A sleeper with an average weight (around 150 pounds) will get more benefits from this mattress. This means he will get more floating feel and supportive feel.
The Ghostbed mattress is designed to provide a medium to slightly firm feel. It sits at 6.5-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. Interestingly, the firmness of Ghostbed will changes, depending on how long you’ve been lying on the mattress. This means the longer you sit or lie on the mattress, the more sinkage you create on the mattress.
Casper Vs. Leesa Vs. Purple Vs. Ghostbed Mattress Comparison
|Layers||4 foam layers||3 foam layers||3 layers (foam + elastic polymer)||3 foam layers|
|Construction||1.5" responsive poly foam, 1.5" memory, 1.5" poly foam, 5.0" support foam||2" Avena, 2" memory, 6" support foam||2" hyper-elastic polymer, 3.5" poly foam, 4.0" poly foam||1.5" synthetic Dunlop latex, 2" gel memory foam, 7.5" support foam|
|Cover||2-tone, white and grey, soft, stretchy||4 bar design, one seamless piece of fabric||white, soft with diagonal geometric embossed pattern, thin and cool||white, thin soft cover, durable feel|
|Firmness||6-7 out of 10||6 out of 10||6-6.5 out of 10||6.5-7 out of 10|
|Support||Good||Very Good||Very Good||Good|
|Motion Transfer||Minimal||Minimal||Very minimal||Minimal|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years||10 years||20 years|
|Trial Period||100 days||100 days||100 days||100 days|
|Shipping||Free, 1-5 days||Free, 3-5 days||Free, 3-4 weeks||Free, 2-6 weeks|
|Returns||Full money back, they come take mattress for free||Full money back, they come take mattress for free||Full money back, they come take mattress for free||Full money back, they come take mattress for free|
Should I Buy a Casper, Leesa, Purple, or Ghostbed Mattress?
All four of these mattresses are extremely popular and comes at prices that wide range of sleepers can afford. Each mattress is uniquely designed to achieve the exceptional comfort and support for certain types of sleepers. In general, they are mostly designed to suit the needs of the majority of sleepers.
To dig deeper into each mattress’ feels, the way of each mattress provides bounce, responsiveness, and comfort differently: first, in terms of responsiveness, from fastest response to slow response the mattresses are ordered as follows: the fastest is Purple, the second is Leesa, the third is Casper and the slowest is Ghostbed. Second, in terms of sinkage, from the most pronounced sinkage to the least pronounced sinkage, the mattresses are ordered as follows: Casper, Leesa, Purple, and Ghostbed.
Lastly, every sleeper may have different needs for their best mattress, but heat retention will be never an unnecessary feature. I just mean that, as the best choice for cooling feel, no mattress can beat Ghostbed mattress. This mattress is designed with aerated foam for the top and gel-infused foam, both these two can improve the cooling feel for sleepers. That’s why Ghostbed is highly rated as the most cooling feel of them all.