Table of Contents
The review of today is done for comparing Ghostbed with Casper mattress. Both mattresses come with medium firmness and has different ways to minimize the heat retention. Which one will be the winner? Read this full GhostBed vs. Casper mattress review for more! You can read more other mattress comparisons at here.
The GhostBed mattress is built from 3 different layers for total 11 inches in thickness.
- Top layer (cooling & comfort) – this layer consists of 1.5″ of synthetic Dunlop latex foam. It has a density of 3.5 PCF (pounds per cubic foot). Due to this material and this density, the top layers allows itself to provide great bounce, quick responsiveness and pressure relief. Other nice thing is the foam is aerated, it allows the mattress to be more highly breathable and cooling.
- Middle layer (support & pressure relief) – the second layer is made up of 2″ of gel memory foam. It has high density when it comes with 4.0 PCF. This layer is combined with top layer to provide deep compression support. Though it is less responsive than the top layer, its density allows it to acts as great transitional layer. More ideally, this memory foam is infused with cooling gel. This feature allows the mattress to avoid heat retention – the common issue of memory foam.
- Bottom layer (foundation) – this layer is built from 7.5″ of high density support foam. It has a PCF of 2.0. This bottom layer is designed to support the above layers.
Functionally, there are differences in the feels of top surface part and the side parts of the cover. The top surface is white in tone and soft and stretchy in feels, while the sides are grey and sturdy. That’s because their ways are constructed differently, the top is constructed from 100% polyester, and a combination of polyester (51%) and polypropylene (49%).
Aesthetically, the cover of the GhostBed is fairly standard in online mattress companies.
Firmness, Comfort, Support and Others
In terms of firmness, this mattress comes in at a 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, if 10 is rated as the firmest level. This medium to slightly firmer mattress allows Ghostbed to suit the needs of the majority of sleepers.
Though the mattress tends to soften up after placing pressures on the mattress for a while, it won’t lose its support. This means if you still have misconception about this issue like many people do have, you can regain your trust in this mattress. In addition, this Ghostbed mattress seems to be the best choice for cooling mattress you can have, it features both aeration and cooling gel-infusion, these work well together to improve the cooling feel for sleepers.
Think you’re ready to jump into a GhostBed? Use Ghostbed code to save money on your order.
- Warranty – 20 years
- Trial Period – 101 nights
- Foundation – matching Ghostbed foundation also available
- Where it is made – in the USA
Read the full GhostBed mattress review here.
The Casper mattress’ construction is made of 100% foam and built from 4 layers, for a total thickness of 9.5 inches.
- Top layer (comfort + cooling) – this top layer is 1.5″ of synthetic Dunlop latex foam and it has a density of 3.3 PCF. Latex creates great bounce, and quick responsiveness for the mattress. This latex doesn’t feature cooling gel but it is placed on top of memory foam as the way Casper minimizes heat retention issues the memory foam could create.
- Second layer (support + pressure relief) – the middle core layer is a 1.5″ of memory foam. It has a density of 4.0 PCF. Due to this density, it is good to provide deep compression support and pressure relief.
- Third layer (support) – the third layer is 1.5″ of poly foam (non-visco elastic). It has a density of 2.5 PCF. This layer acts as a transitional layer.
- Bottom layer (foundational support) – the bottom layer is 5″ of high density support foam. It has a density of 1.8 PCF. This layer simply acts as a strong foundational layer, which helps support the above layers.
Casper is also designed with the two-tone cover, white on top and grey on sides. This seems to be a standard in online mattress market.
Additionally, the top cover is quite porous and made from 100% polyester and sourced and made in USA. The mix of these two qualities helps to provide cooling and soft feels. Meanhile, the sides are sturdier and the material is imported from Belgium.
Firmness, Comfort, Support and Others
Casper is designed to provide medium firmness, aiming to suit the needs of the majority of sleepers. If we rate 10 as the firmest level, the Casper mattress sits at a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
When lying on the mattress, it tends to provide more hug feel, but the properties of latex and the density of this latex won’t allow you to be sunk very far down and stuck in the mattress. Its great bounce and responsiveness will push you on the top surface. Instead, your body will be contoured comfortably.
Think you’re ready to jump into a Casper? Use Casper code to save money on your order.
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 100 nights
- Where it is made – some materials sourced from Belgium, most materials from the US
- Read the full Casper mattress review here.