Sleep deprivation has become a common condition presently, with students and adults trying to keep up with the increased speed of our lifestyles. But people seem to be unaware of the repercussions of this seemingly harmless ailment.
The average time that an adult requires to have spent asleep is between 7 to 9 hours. If you’re not following this structure, instead spending it on tv show re-runs, you’re very likely to be affected in the following manner:
- Energy Substitution: Since you’re not retaining energy enough in the form of sleep, your body will look for different methods with which it can procure the lost energy, namely food. This is not just a theory but an actual neurological fact as backed by Chris Winter MD, owner of Charlottesville Neurology and Sleep Medicine in Virginia. Less sleep can make you crave more sugary and fatty food to compensate. Another consequence of less sleep on your eating habits is the irregularity of a hormone called leptin, which normally helps you understand your body’s retaining structure. With it being irregular, you are more likely to believe that you have a bottomless pit for a stomach.
- Metabolism and fatty cells: Your metabolism slows down without proper rest, and, according to a study conducted in 2012 in the Annals of Internal Medicine, only including a four and half hour long sleeping pattern continuously for four days, can reduce your fat cells’ ability to respond to insulin by 30%. Looking at all of this information, we can deduce how an individual’s obesity level can be highly affected by their sleeping pattern alone.
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Research shows that sleeping for less than five hours consequently increases your chances of obtaining cardiovascular diseases down the line by double or triple the normal amount, due to inflammation in the body damaging the blood vessels.
The causes for sleep deprivation seem to line up, especially through conditions that cannot be helped, such as insomnia, PTSD, back issues, or merely finding your mattress as uncomfortable as the princess did in regard to the pea.
According to scientists, choosing of the best memory foam mattresses, will help you solve most of these issues.
So, what are they? In the mid-1960’s, NASA had them designed for their airplane to help make the journey comfortable. Made from a material called viscoelastic, this mattress melds with the body shape, evenly distributing body weight in response to heat and pressure, returning to its original shape once the pressure has subsided.
In a way, experts say that it is hard to understand how the mattress might be really affecting individuals, but, as Kathy R. Gromer MD, sleep specialist with Minnesota Sleep Institute proclaims, “It can (regarding memory foam improving sleep), if it relieves painful pressure points.”
Now that we understand the innovative and creative structure of a memory foam mattress, let’s look at different products that can adhere to specific issues that trouble your sleeping patterns.
- DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate. A 13” gel memory foam mattress, takes around 24-48 hours to meld itself according to your body structure, the first time around, the least time regarding most memory foam mattresses, making it a top pick for many impatient individuals.
- With two more layers adding to the memory foam, sinking into the mattress is likely to feel like sinking into a cloud, known to ease back pain practically from the first night itself.
- Allergies taken care of, with less to no aspects of the bed include allergens.
- Signature Sleep Memoir. A budget-friendly as well as eco-friendly alternative, can work on multiple surfaces, i.e. regarding the dimensions. But it takes longer than the first product to set in, taking around 48 hours.
- They’re available in all sizes, for ever individual in the family, including twins, Queen, and King sizes.
- They’re made without ozone depleters, making them as eco-friendly as any mattress can be
- With a price 3 times less than most memory foam mattresses, it’s the most budget friendly mattress in the market
- LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress. Despite its low cost, this memory foam mattress includes high quality aspects.
- It’s available in nine different sizes.
- Made of a TENCEL fabric, it regulates temperature as well as moisture, helping in creating a contented air layer and better breathability.
- It comes with a 25-year warranty, subject to manufacturer defect.
- Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress. This comfortable, medium feel mattress is perfect for narrowing down better on sleeping experiences.
- It includes two variants, namely regarding the covering layer, quilted cover and smooth cover.
- It’s known for its innovative mashup of a 2.5” memory foam and a 9.5” support-plus foam layer, improving sleep experiences.
- On the website you can find a find your fit tool, helping you choose a mattress particular and customizable for yourself.
Understanding how each of these products work, you can come to a conclusive decision based on your own specific desires of how you want the mattress to be.
Do let us know what you think of this article as well as your opinion on memory foam mattresses in the comment section below!